I suspect the problem is not GPIO, something else seems to be muxed into
the GPIO pins (maybe MMC2?  But it is "disabled" in the DTS!).  The GPIOs
are accessible from U-Boot (via "gpio" commands), but they are NOT
accessible from the Linux userspace.

cd /sys/class/gpio
echo 137 > export
cd gpio137
echo "low" > direction

no effect!  The /sys/kernel/debug/omap_mux/sdmmc2_dat7 is not present, so I
cannot remux anything into the GPIO pins.

Thanks!