Op woensdag 13 november 2013 18:45:56 UTC+1 schreef Paulo Ferreira:

> On 11/11/2013, at 19:44, hvn...@gmail.com <javascript:> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I connected a mechanical device to 1 of the USB A ports and this device
> has a PID update rate of 1 kHz. Instead of make a nice movement as it did
> on a pc, it started to oscillate. I searched for update rate info in the
> board manual, but found nothing. Can anyone tell me what the USB A update
> rate of the board is ? Or the turn around time ?
> >
> > Thanks.
>

> To hvn052:
>
> You have not connected a mechanical device to an USB port....
> You have connected a device which has mechanical and electronic parts to
> the USB port of the Beagle Bone.
> And you have in the PID loop, software that runs on the Beagle Bone.

Not the BeagleBone..the BeagleBoard-xM.

All the USB timings are known from the USB specifications, but as you have
> your software in the loop, asking someone on the Internet what is the
> update rate of your software,  seems very wishful thinking.

I agree with you on the USB specifications. However, my point is that I ran
the same software on both a normal computer and the BeagleBoard. On the
normal computer everything works fine while on the BeagleBoard-xM the
device starts to oscillate. Back to the normal computer, it works fine
again. Now assuming that all LS/FS/HS USB specifications are the same, how
can this happen? Any suggestion on what I can be missing that is not the
same ?

> Please try an oscilloscope.

That's a good suggestion. Have to find one.

hvn