On 12/06/2013 03:02 PM, William Hermans wrote:
Perhaps the HDMI video and audio are not being disabled quickly enough for your module to load. Another way to load your module would be to write a startup service. Which you can then load at any point in the Debian startup cycle. I have a write up of an example here :http://www.embeddedhobbyist.com/debian-tips/beaglebone-black/beaglebone-black-init-scripts-default-gatewayand-ntpdate/

I think you may be right William. There may be a race condition here. Sometimes when I boot, I get:

root@debian:~# cat /sys/devices/bone_capemgr.9/slots
 0: 54:PF---
 1: 55:PF---
 2: 56:PF---
 3: 57:PF---
 4: ff:P-O-L Bone-LT-eMMC-2G,00A0,Texas Instrument,BB-BONE-EMMC-2G
 5: ff:P-O-- Bone-Black-HDMI,00A0,Texas Instrument,BB-BONELT-HDMI
 6: ff:P-O-- Bone-Black-HDMIN,00A0,Texas Instrument,BB-BONELT-HDMIN
 7: ff:P-O-L Override Board Name,00A0,Override Manuf,argus-ups

But the module is not loaded.

Other times I get nothing in slot 7.

I think one difference between my Angstrom system may be that Angstrom uses systemd, and Debian uses System V init???

Anyway, I will try your suggestion.

Thanks,

Dave.

Turns out the reason why I wrote this short article was a goof on my part. Also, the reasons why I did this may not seen sane to some. Meaning, there could be a much easier way to do the same things . . . but . . . whatever the case the example is perfectly usable for different situations.