Den måndagen den 30:e december 2013 kl. 11:23:23 UTC+1 skrev Bogdan
Teodorescu:

> 50 % true
>
> The best hardware is useless without an operating systems. Most of this
> forum users are end-apllications developers, not kernel or embedded Linux
> developers. they expect quick results based on their current skills
>
> A wise producer will allways provide a solid operating system in order to
> sel his wonder hardware. Because this hardware is mainly aquired by end
> applications developers (90%) and not by kernel/Linux developers.

It is actually not always so. If you make H/W attractive enough, then other
people will make the S/W for you.
Smart customers will require that you have as much as possible ready, so it
is a chicken race
between the H/W vendor and the customer.
If the H/W does not bring unique capabilities then you open up to
competition by not
supporting your stuff.