On Friday, January 17, 2014 6:47:22 PM UTC+1, RobertCNelson wrote:

> Grab a usb-serial adapter, you question can usually be answered in one
> boot..

I have been running _everything_ off  the serial since the beginning of
this thread.

the Serial shows nothing what so ever if I do not press the "boot" button
for SD and power the device
no "C" every second or so or anything else...

But with the "boot" button pressed during power up I get:
CCCCCCCC
U-Boot SPL 2013.10-00249-g15c5cdf (Nov 17 2013 - 16:35:11)
reading args
spl: error reading image args, err - -1
reading u-boot.img
reading u-boot.img

U-Boot 2013.10-00249-g15c5cdf (Nov 17 2013 - 16:35:11)

I2C:   ready
DRAM:  512 MiB
WARNING: Caches not enabled
NAND:  0 MiB
MMC:   OMAP SD/MMC: 0, OMAP SD/MMC: 1
Attempt to read outside the flash area
*** Warning - readenv() failed, using default environment

Net:   <ethaddr> not set. Validating first E-fuse MAC
cpsw, usb_ether
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0 Enter code here...

the first "CCCCC" line is actually one "C" after the other with a spacing
of about 1 second.
then uboot takes over.

Without pressing boot I get nothing at all on the serial line...

That is what surprises me so much and why I fear that the pre-bootloader is
not working as expected...

Martin