> maybe I miss something about how to flash the MLO - so far I have always
> assumed that the MLO sits in the first partition of the emmc and SD card
> which gets loaded and executed and which takes the next steps...

Well the "correct" way to just flash the MLO is on a fresh drive is:

http://eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/BeagleBone+Black#BeagleBoneBlack-SetupmicroSD/SDcard

> And - as shown via md5sum those partitions are identical:
> root@debian-armhf:~# md5sum /dev/mmcblk*p1
> af7a970e36b360f6b5b65aab04701b65  /dev/mmcblk0p1
> af7a970e36b360f6b5b65aab04701b65  /dev/
> mmcblk1p1
> root@debian-armhf:~#
>
> So what is missing?
>
> Thanks, Martin
>
> P.s: I filled the eMMC like this:
> xzcat /tmp/debian-wheezy-7.2-armhf-3.8.13-bone30.img.xz > /dev/mmcblk1
> same as I did to put the image on the SD-card from a CentOS box (but to
> /dev/sdc to write to the SD card).

Your going to have to ask the "armhf.com" guy directly..

I know this "eMMC" flasher works, as i'm having users beta test it
right now as the "angstrom replacement factory image"

http://rcn-ee.net/deb/testing/2014-01-16/BBB-eMMC-flasher-debian-7.3-2014-01-16-2gb.img.xz

Just, flash a 2GB or greater microSD

sudo dd if=./BBB-eMMC-flasher-debian-7.3-2014-01-16-2gb of=/dev/sdX

Stick in BBB, power up.. wait about 14 minutes for all the LEDS to be
on.. Remove microSD and power off..

Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/