*You can use the Xenomai kernel with any of the Debian images from RCN,just
install to the eMMC then update the kernel*
Whereas I m quite ok with the use of Xenomai, I'm not really at ease with
the way to build it, the
Readme<http://git.xenomai.org/xenomai-2.6.git/tree/ksrc/arch/arm/patches/README>
is
clear but some steps are missings for me.

*You can get a much lighter-weight system running Xenomai if that's all you
are interested in*
Exactly my purpose,  I'll stay in user space (no RTDM driver)

*You'll probably still want to compile and install the Xenomai
user-spacetools (or copy the /home/linuxcnc/xenomai-2.6 folder from the
MachineKitinstall), but the build requirements are much lighter for Xenomai
thanfor LinuxCNC*

If I've understood what you said, I'd better have to copy from the built
image* /home/linuxcnc/xenomai-2.6, *but
that won't suffice to have eMMC working.