I think I've misunderstood finally, you were explaining me how to build
tools , so indeed : I've reproduced the operations manually as from
the shu script

Besides, from the Readme :

> first run (to setup baseline tree): ./build_kernel.sh
> then modify files under KERNEL directory
> then run (to rebuild with your changes): ./tools/rebuild.sh

seems what you were talking about, therefore my modifications will be in
the 2nd part.

just grab one of RCN's eMMC flasher images
> That and swapping out the kernel gets you a working Xenomai system.

Then, I only copy the built xenomai linuxcnc kernel onto this RCN's eMMC
image ? no dependency (libs, ...)