On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 11:38 PM,  <viran...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> The new image is built now. I tried giving "apt-get install parted" and got
> the following output.

> root@beaglebone:~# apt-get install parted
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Suggested packages:
>   parted-doc
>   parted
> 0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> Need to get 156 kB of archives.
> After this operation, 247 kB of additional disk space will be used.
> Get:1 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main parted armhf 2.3-12 [156
> kB]
> Fetched 156 kB in 2s (56.1 kB/s)
> perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
>     LANGUAGE = (unset),
>     LC_ALL = (unset),
>     LANG = "en_IN"
>     are supported and installed on your system.
>
> locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
> locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
> locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
> Selecting previously unselected package parted.
> (Reading database ... 56565 files and directories currently installed.)
> Unpacking parted (from .../parted_2.3-12_armhf.deb) ...
> Processing triggers for man-db ...
>
> locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
> locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
> locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
> Setting up parted (2.3-12) ...
>
> As you can see I am getting warning messages about locales. I haven't
> manually set the LANG to en_IN. I guess I have to include all the locales to
> shut this message down as I am building this image for one of my client and
> not for myself.

So with the image's on rcn-ee.net....

root@beaglebone:~# apt-get install parted
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Suggested packages:
  parted-doc
  parted
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 156 kB of archives.
After this operation, 247 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main parted armhf 2.3-12 [156 kB]
Fetched 156 kB in 1s (126 kB/s)
Selecting previously unselected package parted.
(Reading database ... 58347 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking parted (from .../parted_2.3-12_armhf.deb) ...
Processing triggers for man-db ...
Setting up parted (2.3-12) ...

Did you change LANG yourself? Or i wonder if the script is copying
your "build" LANG settings???

Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/