Hi Robert,

The defualt init process is systemd. I added connman and wicd, still no
improvement in boot time. The image takes about a minute to boot.

So instead of removing packages from the image-builder script, I am now
adding chkconfig and xinit package to the image-builder script. Also I have
added code to disable lightdm, apache2, xrdp, bonescript,
bonescript-autorun and cloud9 service and added code to launch my custom
java program and disable screen blanking.

When I test it using the image provided by beagleboard.org, the system was
booting in 15 seconds. Currently image builder is running and it will take
about 7 to 10 hours to get the new images to test.

I want to add a boot splash screen to BBB. Would you suggest going for
psplash or plymouth?

Regards
viraniac