Funny how these articles always seem to report stuff that's either
incorrect or not entirely accurate.

I think the overlying information given by the site is nice to know ( such
as new hardware being released ), but their actual write-ups are nothing
more than FUD. The article you linked to had several points of
misinformation, such as the BBB's processor speed ( but somehow they
managed to get it right in the table of board differences ).

Anyway, the board sound interesting, but personally I think they went the
wrong direction in removing the eMMC. and am pretty sure it can be disabled
via device tree overlays if additional IO's are needed ( which really wont
give you many back anyway.).HDMI on the other hand, I'd never miss.

Don't even get me started with "Angstrom is prefered by most / more
professional developers . . ." Because that is plain B.S.  Also the
statement "Moving to the more user friendly Debian
 . . ." Is fairly hilarious. Mainly because many long time users of other
distro's seem to have a hard time grasping the concepts of a more
traditional Linux distro like Debian. For the record though this statement
is accurate as Debian actually has real / proper documentation. Where
Angstrom falls flat on its face

I could go on, and on, but the fact is that "real professionals" are going
to use what makes the most sense for their project. If they want small,
Angstrom is probably the last thing in their minds. QNX, or Busybox on a
microkernel come to mind far ahead of anything else.