From:  William Hermans <yyrk...@gmail.com>
Date:  Tuesday, June 17, 2014 at 9:17 PM
To:  "beagleboard@googlegroups.com" <beagleboard@googlegroups.com>
Subject:  Re: [beagleboard] BeagleBoard SBC Goes OEM, COM Version Coming

> Funny how these articles always seem to report stuff that's either incorrect
> or not entirely accurate.
>
> I think the overlying information given by the site is nice to know ( such as
> new hardware being released ), but their actual write-ups are nothing more
> than FUD. The article you linked to had several points of misinformation, such
> as the BBB's processor speed ( but somehow they managed to get it right in the
> table of board differences ).
>
> Anyway, the board sound interesting, but personally I think they went the
> wrong direction in removing the eMMC. and am pretty sure it can be disabled
> via device tree overlays if additional IO's are needed ( which really wont
> give you many back anyway.).HDMI on the other hand, I'd never miss.
Looks like the same board as the BBB with the eMMC and HDMI chips not
populated. I¹m sure Gerald & circuitco have analyzed the market requirement
and this is what the market wants. If you have the numbers, I¹m sure they
will manufacture a batch with the eMMC populated or you could always add it
yourself.