Short and Sweet

BlueSteel-Basic and all other BlueSteel products are manufactured in the
Richardson, Texas on site of Circuitco.

the benefits for BlueSteel products have been carefully considered to
provide the follow benefits:

* no restrictions on commercial usage

* volume price discounts

* Enable Third Party Software Vendors to provide commercial SDKs

* all I/O is available on the expansion header

as an OEM/ODM developer, the BeagleBone Black presents a great starting
point, however it does present a number of obstacles, in that
BeagleBoard.org has significant restrictions on the use of the BeagleBoard
logo and the use of the board in commercial products:

http://www.elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack#Terms_of_Use

In addition, there a limited set of authorized distributors who can sell
BeagleBone Black, and they are limited in the number of boards they can
sell to a single customer. For example you can look at the Adafruit website:

"*Limit 1 (one) per customer, orders cannot be combined."*

http://www.adafruit.com/products/1876

Another aspect is that most OEM/ODM developers who are including the
BeagleBone Black (in violation of the terms of use) want to have the full
set of I/O on the expansion header so that they can implement their own
features on a daughter board. It is far easier to add a feature you need on
a daughter board, than to remove features you don’t need from the main
board.
This very same principle of commercial usage has already been recognized by
Embest which has released their own version of a BeagleBone Black clone for
the same target market. Logic Supply has a very good discussion of the
issues:

http://www.logicsupply.com/blog/2014/05/15/new-embest-board-opens-door-for-beaglebone-black-projects/