Hi,

if you control the ADC from the PRU, you can use the ADC in
single-acquisition mode and perform a new acquisition every 200 PRU cycles
(every microsecond) for example (or whatever repetition rate you want), and
therefore use the 200 MHz PRU clock as a low-jitter timer. This way you can
have jitter values well below one microsecond. You should also be able to
synchronize the PRU with an external clock on one of its input pins leading
to the r31 register if that is still needed.

There should probably be a residual timing jitter of maximally 1/24MHz (ca.
42ns) because (as far as i know, but im not sure) the 24 MHz ADC sampling
clock is not intrinsically synchronized with the 200 MHz PRU clock, so once
the PRU launches a new acquisition, it won't take place before the ADC
clock starts a new cycle. I did not find any documentation on how the PRU
and ADC clock signals are derived in the hardware, that is if they come
from the master clock or not, but i did experimentally observe a jitter of
a few percent of a microsecond.

If you want I can send you some code examples.

Lenny