Robert Nelson <robertcnelson@...> writes:

> On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 9:30 AM,  <penou87@...> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm currently working on a custom BeagleBone Black of ours and I have a
few
> > problem. The electronic is the same except that there is no graphic chip
and
> > no EEPROM.
> >
> > I'm booting on a µSD card the Angstrom distribution used in the BBB. The
> > board is working well except that I have the following message during
the
> > boot  "[    5.561536] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.9: Failed to scan
baseboard
> > eeprom".
> >
> > This is perfectly normal because I have no EEPROM. My problem is that I
> > didn't know that the EEPROM was mandatory to initialize the cape
manager.
> > Thus, my EMMC is not loaded by the OS.
> >
> > I already tried to enable the cape with the uEnv.txt but it did nothing.
> > I also tried to load it manually but in my cape manager folder there is
no
> > "slot" file so i guess that the cape manager is simply OFF.
> >
> > Is there a way to bypass the EEPROM and to load by default the EMMC cape
?
> > I'm actually going through the kernel compilation, i'm afraid that I
can't
> > avoid it.
> > Does someone have any experience on this ?
>
> Mainline kernel has the eMMC setup by default in the dts...
>
> Since you didn't specify a need for v3.8.x/capemgr, it's a viable option.
;)

> Regards,

Hi Roberts,

Thank you this is great news. The reason why I didn't go with kernel version
over 3.8.x is because the u-boot that I tried didn't include a default load
device tree.

So now, I'm trying to use the eMMC Flasher from this link :
http://elinux.org/BeagleBoardUbuntu#eMMC:_BeagleBone_Black

I have a few problems with the MLO and the u-boot since I have no EEPROM.
I used the old MLO which agrees that I'm using a BBB by default. But I'm
still blocked on the u-boot part.

I tried using the uEnv.txt file with the following args but it is not
working:
board_name=A335BNLT
fdtfile=am335x-boneblack.dtb
uenvcmd=run loadimage; run loadfdt; run mmcargs; bootz ${loadaddr} -
${fdtaddr}
fdtdir=/boot/dtbs/3.8.13-bone59

My main problems are the following:
** Unable to read file /zImage **
** Unable to read file /boot/dtbs/3.8.13-bone59/am335x-boneblack.dtb **
Bad Linux ARM zImage magic!

Do you know how I could solve this ?

Best regards,

Julien