I don't know if capemanager is functional for these new fangled kernels.
optargs will happily pass non functional arguments (like my fauxarg
above).  Maybe optargs was passing your capemgr.disable argument and it was
something else that was broken?

But if you can make it work why isn't it working for MoscowBob ??

On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 8:20 PM, William Hermans <yyrk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> For the record. in that cmdline *consoleblank=0* is declared in $optargs
> and *init=/lib/systemd/systemd *is declared in* $cmdline. *
>
> Previously I had tried disabling hdmi via optargs, so maybe that is now
> different. Either way
> *optargs=capemgr.disable_partno=BB-BONELT-HDMI,BB-BONELT-HDMIN*
>
> was not working for me
>

> On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 8:08 PM, William Hermans <yyrk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Jason, odd, it seems to be working for me now too. Previously the cmdline
>> env variable was overriding my optargs statements.
>>
>> *root@arm:~# cat /sys/module/kernel/parameters/consoleblank*
>>> *0*
>>> *root@arm:~# cat /proc/cmdline*
>>> *console=ttyO0,115200n8 consoleblank=0 root=/dev/nfs
>>> nfsroot=192.168.2xxx.xxx:/home/william/rootfs-testing,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,vers=3
>>> rw ip=192.168.xxx.xxx:192.168.xxx.xxx:192.168.xxx.xxx:255.255.255.0:arm
>>> quiet init=/lib/systemd/systemd*
>>>

>> On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 7:55 PM, Jason Lange <j.b.la...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> just added fauxarg to my optargs like this:
>>>
>>> optargs="spidev.bufsiz=16384" fauxarg
>>>
>>> and rebooted.  Now cat /proc/cmdline shows this:
>>>
>>> console=tty0 console=ttyO0,115200n8 spidev.bufsiz=16384 *fauxarg*
>>> root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rootfstype=ext4 rootwait fixrtc quiet