On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 8:35 PM, William Hermans <yyrk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Jason, hah ! I see why now. Can you see the problem ?
>
> *uname_r=3.15.10-bone8*
>> *cmdline=quiet init=/lib/systemd/systemd*
>> *optargs="consoleblank=0"*.
>>

> This is actually in the wrong file. For this to work in the file he's
> using there it needs to be as i said above. Which is:
>
> *cmdline=quiet init=/lib/systemd/systemd*
>
> *consoleblank=0*
> This is because the file he's using is the second stage uEnv.txt file and
> not the one loaded at boot. Which now that I think about it could have very
> well been my problem too.

Well I finally understand what your saying here -- I didn't know that there
are/were two functional uEnv.txt*s*.  This looks like the file that I set
my optargs in (that is, it starts with the uname_r variable being set), but
I am running the new set up with only one uEnv.txt being functional.

@Robert again for clarity:

In a setup that only uses one uEnv.txt (that being /boot/uEnv.txt) that is
the place to set your optargs but in the two functional uEnv.txt setup the
place to set optargs is /uEnv.txt?

And if that is so, what is the simplest way for someone to know which of
the two situations they are dealing with?