Hi everyone,

Thanks Jason for pointing out this thread. Let me share with you our
conclusions through BeaglePilot:

   - We tested vanilla, PREEMPT, RT_PREEMPT and Xenomai several times and
   our results indicated that the best performing one is actually the PREEMPT
   kernel (not the RT_PREEMPT as one would expect).
   - We had some issues with the capemgr while working with the RT_PREEMPT (
   *not* with *PREEMPT*) patches but once we updated the patches (available
   here <https://github.com/bugobliterator/kernel>) we made it work with
   RT_PREEMPT as well.
   - At the time our flying systems are running a PREEMPT Debian.

According to our benchmarking my recommendation will be to use PREEMPT
because it's quite easy to activate/mantain.

I'd be happy to attend any questions on this matter. This post
<http://erlerobot.com/blog/beaglepilot-cyclictests-different-kernels/>
could be of some interest for some of you.