On 9/18/2014 3:43 PM, Víctor MV wrote:

> According to our benchmarking my recommendation will be to use PREEMPT
> because it's quite easy to activate/mantain.
>
> I'd be happy to attend any questions on this matter. This post
> <http://erlerobot.com/blog/beaglepilot-cyclictests-different-kernels/>
> could be of some interest for some of you.

How did you manage to get 630 uS worst-case for Xenomai?  I've never
seen a worst-case above 100 uS, and IIRC it's more like 75-80 uS worst-case.

Does your stress test include heavy IRQ/DMA usage (Ethernet, uSD/eMMC,
Display) or mostly CPU load?

Regardless, it is much easier to work with PREEMPT or RT_PREEMT If those
meet your needs.

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net