I am not very good at tree overlays, but from the one you have provided me i believe i would be abble to reduce it only to modify the LCD pins (I also need to disable mcasp, because I only use video and the pins for mcasp are used as other peripherals). I thing I tried to find the place in this code that turns off the I2C-0 and turns on I2C-1 but I couldnt.

In this part:
hdmi {
                compatible = "tilcdc,slave";
                i2c = <&i2c0>;
                pinctrl-names = "default", "off";
                pinctrl-0 = <&nxp_hdmi_bonelt_pins>;
                pinctrl-1 = <&nxp_hdmi_bonelt_off_pins>;

                panel-info {
                    bpp = <16>;
                    ac-bias = <255>;
                    ac-bias-intrpt = <0>;
                    dma-burst-sz = <16>;
                    fdd = <16>;
                    sync-edge = <1>;
                    sync-ctrl = <1>;
                    raster-order = <0>;
                    fifo-th = <0>;
                    invert-pxl-clk;
                };
            };

Is I2C-0 equal to I2C-1 on the pinout header and is I2C-1 (in software_ equal to I2C-2? That would make sense. Could you please point me out either there ahs to be anything else changed for HDMI to work? All I got left is I2C and i dont know either thats all. You havent answered me about the question about using the bus for other purposses, did you mean that it is possible? When I think of it now, there are at least 3 devices on the I2C-0 (power controller, HDMI, eeprom i think).