On 12/02/2014 09:39 AM, Tommi wrote:
> thanks for your replies.
> I just ordered a different USB plug, let's see if that improves
> things. After tinkering so much with it, it seems the better options.
> In the end it is probably cheaper spending another $14, rather than
> sitting hours of hours trying to fix it. Hope the TP-LINK TL-WN722N
> <http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002SZEOLG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1>
> will help.
>
> I'll also try to also do what you suggest Dave, let's see if that
> helps too. Have to say it is a bit annoying that such a simple problem
> keeps you from using the beaglebone....
Wow that TL-WN722N has a BIG-ass antenna!  BTW, the ath9k driver is in
the kernel but I don't think the firmware is packaged for Debian
(htc_9271.fw according to driver code.) So it's not plug-and-play but
it's easy to find the firmware file in Ubuntu distros and download it to
the BBB.  Check syslog when you first plug it to see what the system says.

Yeah, simple problems.... OTOH I'm still pretty amazed I can run a full
linux distro on a 1W card and most peripherals work.

Dave