On 01/02/2015, at 23:47, SimuGQ <garymquig...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have wasted a whole weekend trying got connect to my BBB.
>
> I am running 10.10 and have trawled the internet reading pages upon pages of
> cryptic mumbo jumbo, I have uninstalled rivers, updated drivers, replaced
> drivers, edited pLists, reset Pram, reset SMC, I have done EVERYTHING. I am
> sick of it at this stage. I have a €100 Windows 7 netbook that connects with
> no problem to the Beaglebone.
>
> For the past 9 months of=r so I have used an Arduino Mega with no connection
> issues, so why oh why is it so difficult to get this POS board to work?
> Laziness perhaps?
>
> Basically Beaglebone need to get their finger out and fix the driver issues
> with OS X.
>
> OR STOP SELLING THIS BOARD to OS X users. It just doesn't work.
>
> My weekend has been a complete waste.

Windows  7 works with the Beaglebone, OSX 10.9 works, OSX 10.8 works, Linux x86
works.  If OSX 10.10  does not work the blame is on the Beaglebone side?

As you have only "trawled the internet" for a weekend reading "mumbo jumbo",
for a weekend,  it seems to me that you need to spend lots of time reading
more stuff.
Count on at least a month. until the mumbo jumbo starts making sense.

Yes, the Beaglebone  IS NOT an Arduino!
The Arduino Mega has only a serial over USB connection,  and is a 16 Mhz,  8
bit processor without any Operating system.
The Beaglebone is a 32 bit  full grown computer, with network, HDMI, memory
management and protection, LInux, and it is a very, very different machine.

Yes, the prices are very  similar, but the value is very different.

Some people only look at "price", other can look at the value and the support
and the knowledge that the guys behind the Beaglebone offer.

Hope someday you can do the latter.