First of all apologies to the OP for crashing his thread :-) but it seems
to be the same issue.

I have "initrd.img-3.8.13-bone47" (Debian) on the EMMC which becomes
visible after the above instructions, the disk directory is still on the SD
so I only need the "mount /dev/mmcblk1p2 disk" bit to access it and I can
see other stuff I had put in my own directory for test purposes
(bonescripts).

However I can't see the original uEnv.txt file or the backup copy I had
made before the fatal bricking, is it possible they are hiding elsewhere
but boot or uboot directories of the EMCC? Copying the uEnv.txt from the SD
to the boot directory of the EMCC doesn't restore functionality but it is
possible that that files needs to be different than what's on the SD??

I have only started to mess around with the BBB and very lost!