I am still having issues with booting BBB with sd card. I have not even
accessed eMMC.
These are the steps I did:
I downloaded bone-debian-7.5-2014-05-14-2gb.img.xz.
Extracted to bone-debian-7.5-2014-05-14-2gb.img
from Ubuntu Host machine executed: sudo dd
if=bone-debian-7.5-2014-05-14-2gb.img of=/dev/sdc bs=1M
After some time about 681 MB image is written to Micro SD card. Now I am
assuming this image has everything you need. kernel, filesystem and
bootloader and I do not have to manually make partitions on the SD card.
Then I plug in the Micro SD card to the BBB and attached my USB cord from
Host to target while pressing on S2 boot button.
All 4 LEDS flashed after a minute only fourth LED flashes interval of a
second. LED next to 5V power supply is solid lit.
May be BBB booted with Linux but I have no way of knowing. I can not see it
thru my COM port (like when it booted with eMMC).
I really wished BBB had serial port like most boards have.
Another question is I do not want Linux kernel loaded from either eMMC or
MicroSD card I want to setup NFS and tftpboot for that I want to prompt on
uboot. How can I do that?