On Friday, February 13, 2015 at 5:59:02 AM UTC-6, COG wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam:
>
> I have a Rev. C BBB (Debian) board and I would like to add an additional
> Wired Ethernet Adapter via the USB port.  Examples:
>
> (a) "Plugable" USB 2.0 to 10/100 Fast Ethernet LAN Wired Network Adapter
> for Macbook, Chromebook, Windows 8.1 and Earlier, Surface Pro, Wii, Wii U,
> Linux, and Specific Android Tablets (ASIX AX88772 chipset)
> <http://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Ethernet-Network-Chromebook-Specific/dp/B00484IEJS>
>
> (b) "Cable Matters" USB 2.0 to 10/100 Fast Ethernet Adapter in Black
> <http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Ethernet-Adapter-Black/dp/B00ET4KHJ2>

I have used a number of "USB 2.0 3-port hub with Ethernet" units in the
past with Beagle Boards (not specifically the bone).
I don't recall the chip in them.  They usually run about US $9 from China.
I rip them apart, cut off the
USB sockets and build them into the cabinet of my unit.  These have worked
well.  The very first time
I did this I needed to rebuild the kernel, since then the Robert Nelson
kernels have supported that
unit without special attention. Sorry, I don't have one unboxed here to see
what the chip is.

I have not specifically tested this with the bone, but it really ought to
work fine there, too.

Jon