Hi Lisarden:

Thanks for the much appreciated guidance.  I don't know if you or someone
out there can give me the steps to compile the kernel module...I am a
newbie to this sort of stuff, that's why.

*Note:* I noticed that I can get the USB2-E100 Driver (AX88772 Linux driver
4.11.0 source code) from
http://plugable.com/products/usb2-e100/drivers.

Thanks.