Hi Keith,

I am working on similar project and very interested your progress.

I have a Knivao BTD-400 Bluetooth USB adapter (it uses Broadcom BCM20702A0
chip). My work is based on the TI stock Beaglebone Black android code base
(JB 4.2 Kernel 3.2.0). I noticed that the BCM20702A0 is supported by
default.

By adding the VID and PID of the USB adapter to the btusb_table in btusb.c
and perform an echo in android shell like: echo "0x05ac, 0x21e8" >
/sys/bus/usb/driver/btusb/new_id, the hci0 interface will shown up under
/sys/class/bluetooth/hci/hci0

Then I can the hciconfig to bring hci0 up / down and use hcitool to do scan
and detect other bluetooth devices (hciconfig and hcitool are ported from
ICS). It seems that the USB bluetooth device at kernel level is alive. As
you know in JB4.2 it seems that the UART interface is the by-default
interface between the android and kernel. Basically I am not able to enable
the bluetooth from android. The interface is missing. I am trying to figure
out how to bridge the gap here.

It seems that you made progress on the android side but couldn't detect
supported device. I wonder if you could share the information on porting
and building the bluedroid ( assuming using android-x86).

Thanks,

Lei