>> Yeah, it doesn't depend on "FAT" it just requires a partition..
>> However if that partition = root partition, in testing we found it
>> would randomly corrupt things on the root partition.
>>
>> So it just needs a secondary non-mounted partition.. So to just
>> properly use g_multi, i'd be forced to waste space on a 2nd
>> partition in the console's "case"..
>
>   um ... what? that's just a bit disturbing, i was unaware of that. so
> there's no *actual* necessity for a second partition for g_multi, it's
> just to avoid this issue.
>
>> I think the better solution is just to figure out why g_ether
>> doesn't work like g_multi. ;)
>
>   i agree, i'll dig into that this weekend unless someone solves it
> first.

That would be awesome if you had just a free moment, I've gone bald
scratching my head on this issue. ;)

So far, I've narrowed one of the issues down to "CONFIG_USB_ETH_EEM"
which i've now globally disabled...

Here's how i modprobe the g_multi/g_ether drivers...

https://github.com/RobertCNelson/boot-scripts/blob/master/boot/am335x_evm.sh#L89

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/