if you do run into any problems cross compiling on the Debian PC then might
I suggest looking into distcc and "compiling" on your BBB but let the PC
workhorse do the actual compile.

Over on the Machinekit forum I've setup Machinekit to compile on my BBB but
it took over an hour. After setting up the cross compiler on my laptop and
putting distcc on both PC and BBB, I cut compile time down to 34 minutes.
 And the nice part is, I keep the BBB with the build packages and my PC
just pounds on the compiled files sent over the network to it.

Doug