> To be clear: The camp I'm in understands that the beaglebone was never
> meant to be used in a commercial product.

OK but it is capable to be used for commercial/industrial purposes - so why
should't it be used for that? Farnell, RS and I think Specialcomp too sell
them by thousands - all to commercial customers. So I don't see a good
reason why it should not be used for that - just because _initially_ it was
planned to be used for hobbyists only?

As an other example: the diesel engine originally was invented for ships,
following this logic also today we should not it use for cars and
locomotives...