> *OK but it is capable to be used for commercial/industrial purposes - so
> why should't it be used for that? Farnell, RS and I think Specialcomp too
> sell them by thousands - all to commercial customers. So I don't see a good
> reason why it should not be used for that - just because _initially_ it was
> planned to be used for hobbyists only?*

I think you're missing a key point here. No one as far as I know is saying
the beaglebone black can not be used in a commercial product. Once someone
buys a board it is theirs to do with as they wish.

What I've been saying is that whoever does use the beagelbone black in a
product assumes full responsibility for doing so. Support ? Availability? -
Everything. All their problem from that point forward. As it should be.

Does this mean no one would try to help at all ? I would think if someone
could help - they would. Out of good will. But legally, or even morally
there is no obligation. As the board is not sold as, or priced as a
commercial product.

One thing I am a little unclear on: Is *if* the board is even allowed to
bear the beaglebone logo at this point. I think not, but maybe I'm wrong?