On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 2:27 PM, WZ9V <dfruehw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The last Jessie I tried (sometime in April I think) I couldn't get GPIO pins
> to respond with the sample code and went back to Wheezy.
>
> Which one would be best to upgrade to at this time?
>
> Jessie 6/15 or 6/17 flasher-4GB

Doesn't matter..

If you want the exact same setup as 'wheezy' you downgrade the kernel

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install linux-image-3.8.13-bone72
sudo reboot

Or if you want the 3.14 branch from ti:
sudo apt-get install linux-image-3.14.43-ti-r68

Or if you want the new "overlay" branch, (the one that's going to replace 3.8.)
sudo apt-get install linux-image-4.1.0-bone9

This is all documented here:

http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack_Debian#Kernel_Options

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/