William/Wulfman: So far, running on USB Power module (no USB
communications) the BBB is staying up. It has been 18 hours or so now.
Running the same software that rebooted twice in 24 hours on +5V barrel
connector input.  I have seen the 'bad' configuration run as long as 36
hours between reboots, so the test needs to continue for at least two days.

Thanks to Maxim for the explanation.  If that is the problem, it looks like
the problem existed in 2013, a software patch was applied, and the software
patch was lost between kernel 3 and kernel 4.

--- Graham

==