Thanks Maxim,

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 2:45 AM, Maxim Podbereznyy <lisar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I could in my archive messages:
>
> I can confirm that the pulsing detected by PMIC on USB_DC signal is the
> probing from USB-OTG.
>

> After I disabled the USB-OTG in the kernel, the system has never rebooted.
> Btw I also re-loaded Angstrom image (3.8 kernel) and Andrew's Android image
> (with 3.8 kernel). I did not observe USB-OTG probing pulses on the VBus. I
> believe in the 3.8 kernel, the USB-OTG has not been implemented/enabled.
> That might be reason why it seems that 3.8 kernel doesn't have the random
> reboot behavior.
>
> In case anyone wants to test it out, here is the change in the source code
> (NOTE: ignore the line and column numbers; just search for the struct
> "static struct omap_musb_board_data musb_board_data" ):

This shouldn't be an issue, as we define what they are..

&usb0 {
     status = "okay";
     dr_mode = "peripheral";
};

&usb1 {
     status = "okay";
     dr_mode = "host";
};

but just in-case we have a regression somewhere else, i'll push out a
test with otg disabled. (it's enabled in 3.14.x and we need it for the
x15)

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/