Hi!

Host CPU and TSC_ADC_SS have different clock domains. Internal ADC clock
rate is 24 MHz. The theoretical maximum sample rate is 1.6 Msamples/s (= 15
cycles@24MHz in single shot mode) or 1.74 Msamples/s (= 14 cycles in
continous mode). In praxis it's 200 ksamples/s.

The PRUSS are first choise for real time tasks with high timing accuracy.

Below 10 ksamples/s the CPU latency (due to Linux non-real-time-ness) is
small (less than 10 % on a vanilla system).

When you need concrete hints, you'll have to specify your timing
requirements:

   - Is the external clock a regular pulse train?
   - What frequency?
   - Which maximum latency is required between clock pulse and ADC sample?

BR