Thanks. Your reply is just what I want to get.

There is no clean in the original example, right? It is not needed.

Can you understand the original writing:
make CC=/usr/local/arm/3.3.2/bin/arm-linux-gcc

try to configure as per your setup, thy to look at:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/6.3/basicnet/ppp.html
it is very helpful blog.

I don't understand it why it calls 'to configure' for the above 'make
CC=CC=/usr/local/arm/3.3.2/bin/arm-linux-gcc' line?

Is it not a precise English? Or what do you think about it?

Thanks,