On 01/18/2016 08:00 PM, Dean wrote:
*My BBB setup is as follows ...*
Linux beaglebone 4.1.12-ti-r29 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Nov 9 22:46:19 UTC 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux
BeagleBoard.org Debian Image 2015-11-12

*For whatever reason I cannot access a library (i.e. libEBBLibrary.so) and I am not sure what I am missing. Might someone offer a suggestion on where I am going wrong or what I can do to rectify it?? Thanks in advance who those that reply.* root@beaglebone:~/exploringBB/chp09/LCDcharacter# sudo sh -c "echo BB-SPIDEV1 > $SLOTS"

root@beaglebone:~/exploringBB/chp09/LCDcharacter# cat $SLOTS|grep SPI

4: P-O-L- 0 Override Board Name,00A0,Override Manuf,BB-SPIDEV1

root@beaglebone:~/exploringBB/chp09/LCDcharacter# ./build

root@beaglebone:~/exploringBB/chp09/LCDcharacter# ./LCDApp

./LCDApp: error while loading shared libraries: libEBBLibrary.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

root@beaglebone:~/exploringBB/chp09/LCDcharacter# g++ LCDApp.cpp ../../library/libEBBLibrary.so -o LCDApp -I "../../library"

root@beaglebone:~/exploringBB/chp09/LCDcharacter# ./LCDApp

./LCDApp: error while loading shared libraries: libEBBLibrary.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

root@beaglebone:~/exploringBB/chp09/LCDcharacter# echo $PATH

/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin

root@beaglebone:~/exploringBB/chp09/LCDcharacter# export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="../../library/libEBBLibrary.so:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
root@beaglebone:~/exploringBB/chp09/LCDcharacter# ./LCDApp
./LCDApp: error while loading shared libraries: libEBBLibrary.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I don't believe that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is searched in the manner you're thinking in the last lines. If memory serves you need to specify the full path from / i.e. absolute not relative.

Mike