More to the point here, I suggest absolutely no changes to the DDR section
unless you and your software guy know what you're doing. Any changes to these
traces will require changes to the DDR timing in the BBB software.

No offense, but if you want to mod this board as a learning experience, then by
all means, have at it. That's what I have been doing. Nearly 20 spins of the
board later, my changes are starting to work (I am a software guy trying to
break into the hardware world).

Judging by the questions you are asking, I don't think it's realistic to expect
your first run of boards to actually function as expected. And I don't know if
you have seen the price of 6 layer boards in small runs, but they are NOT
cheap. And don't order a ton of boards for your first run. You will be throwing
them away when you figure out that they don't work. If you are trying to build
a serious project on a limited budget, enlist the help of someone who really
knows what they are doing. If you are simply trying to learn, be prepared to
bust out some serious cash for this very expensive journey.