Like Robert, I’m having a difficult time understanding what it is you are
trying to do. If you are using the BBB, you cannot run the board without the
TPS65217 enabled because it is this chip that is supplying all the voltage
rails needed by the AM3358. If you have a different board with another voltage
regulator, then you must modify the kernel to enable another voltage regulator.
If the regulator does not exist within the Linux kernel, then you will have to
write your own, using driver/regulator/tps65217.c as your template. This is not
a trivial task, and if you are asking this question, then you don’t have the
skills necessary to build your own. Best to hire someone with the expertise
required to complete this task.

Regards,
John