http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/2162038.pdf page 4 shows Ids vs Vgs
plot that conduction start well above 2.5V (listed as Vgs(th) in the
datasheet), so the the voltage put out by the GPIO pin, which should
be almost 3.3V,  should be enough. Do you have a multimeter to measure
the actual gate voltage?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAC%3D1GgGyEq24-MsuZhVTA6Rsxv7n3QN%2Bwmev%3DJ7OTMNB1PCj0Q%40mail.gmail.com.