Robert,

Thanks for your reply. The version I installed was from the beaglebone.org
site (so might need an update). It was the file named
"bone-debian-8.4-lxqt-4gb-armhf-2016-05-13-4gb.img" that had the problem. I
doubt it was just still booting as it seems to go into "reflashing" mode
after it boots the second time.

I just finished installing the 2016-10-23 image seems to flash correctly,
but once I boot it... I get some activity on the lights for about 20
seconds (no USB connection) and then all 4 lights go solid and it just sits
and won't respond.

Any thoughts on what that might be?

Thanks for the help.

Gregg