On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 5:06 PM, Gregg Harrington
<gr...@greggharrington.com> wrote:
> Robert,
>
> Yes, thanks for your replay.
>
> I downloaded the image from
> https://rcn-ee.net/rootfs/bb.org/testing/2016-10-23/lxqt-4gb/ and
> specifically I downloaded the file named
> bone-debian-8.6-lxqt-4gb-armhf-2016-10-23-4gb.img.xz from there
> I used Win32ImageWriter to write it to a 16 gig sandisk card.
> I booted the OS by holding down the power/user button next to the ethernet
> port and waited until the four lights turned on in the swipe pattern.
> Modified the uEnv.txt file
> I rebooted and held the button down again, waiting until the "swipe" pattern
> occured and
> After releasing the button, it took ~30-35 seconds to start flashing,
> indicated by a back and forth light pattern.
> Once it was completed (blinking lights),
>
> I took out the card,
> unpowered the beaglebone and
> then powered it back up.
>
> Once it powered up, I got the "heart beat" light, some minor disk activity
> or load (but not like when a full OS boot happens), and then all lights come
> on solid.
>

> Please let me know what you would like me todo next. Currently I am working
> off of the SD card directly, which makes booting my system a little
> annoying, but workable for the moment. I have another SD card I can do tests
> with now too.
>
> This board is a rev A6 if that matters.

A6? that only has a 2GB eMMC...

The lxqt-4gb images take up 3.3Gb of space..

Grab the iot image:

https://rcn-ee.net/rootfs/bb.org/testing/2016-10-30/iot/

( i had disabled the lxqt-2gb, has it hasn't been really tested to fit
in 2gb for awhile.. )

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAOCHtYgfimZkxo9K3Os_GK9H5CzycbV%2Bd162rvjDkOPA3Tqhow%40mail.gmail.com.