Hi Neil,

I think that for UIO you'll need to switch your kernel. See
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/beagleboard/6vKLJpJoPGY/kc-iW_fbAgAJ .

For remoteproc, here are some points to check:

   1. For loading PRU GCC ELF firmware you will need a kernel with this
   patch applied:
   0001-Fix-remoteproc-to-work-with-the-PRU-GNU-Binutils-por.patch

<https://github.com/dinuxbg/pru-gcc-examples/blob/master/blinking-led/host-remoteproc/0001-Fix-remoteproc-to-work-with-the-PRU-GNU-Binutils-por.patch>.

   Looks like your kernel 4.4.9-ti-rt-r25 is missing it. The Jessie testing
   images

<http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack_Debian#Debian_Image_Testing_Snapshots>

   come with 4.4.27-ti-rt-r62 , which has this patch integrated.
   2. If you are using RPMSG communication, then please be aware that there
   are two remoteproc drivers circulating around :( The older one uses
   mailboxes for RPC (corresponding pru-gcc-examples branch "master"). If your
   kernel is newer, it probably runs the remoteproc driver that instead uses
   interrupts for RPC. You'll want to use the dev-for-v5-rpmsg
   <https://github.com/dinuxbg/pru-gcc-examples/tree/dev-for-v5-rpmsg> branch
   of pru-gcc-example, which is based on the updated "5.0.0"
   pru-software-support-package from TI.

Regards,
Dimitar

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/612417bd-cf5d-4660-a676-063db8b7bc10%40googlegroups.com.