On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 2:57 PM, Robert Nelson <robertcnel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 2:51 PM, Neil Jubinville <n...@orbitalsoftware.ca>
> wrote:
>> I am trying to avoid buying that TI cape :)
>>
>> OK update:   Indeed running the  updatekernel.sh brought me to 4.4.27   This
>> gave me the ability to run modprobe uio_pruss
>>
>> When I go to run the loader I am still getting the prussdrv_open failed
>> message.   This tells me that normally the PRUs may not be enabled and to
>> look for the HDMI pin conflict?  Chatting in the #beagle irc states that the
>> default open pin is not in conflict to open the PRU after the init so I am
>> not sure what is going on.   Maybe this has to do with the base
>> cap-universal tree loaded at the start.
>>
>> I have removed all DT from the slots till it was empty then loaded a variety
>> of BB-BONE-PRU * and to no avail would it open/load.   So it is something
>> more obscure.   I suspect the default DT.
>
> On the TI branch, we don't ship a default PRU driver, it's up to you
> to configure it..
>
> git clone https://github.com/RobertCNelson/dtb-rebuilder
> cd ./dtb-rebuilder/
>
> You have the "black", so edit one of the following:
>
> #default: emmc + hdmi enabled:
> nano src/arm/am335x-boneblack.dts
>
> #: all overlays (emmc/hdmi disabled)
> nano src/arm/am335x-boneblack-overlay.dts
>
> #emmc enabled: hdmi disabled
> src/arm/am335x-boneblack-emmc-overlay.dts
>
> then look:

Opps reversed them:

uio_pruss (3.8.x compatible)

/*
* /etc/modprobe.d/pruss-blacklist.conf
*
* blacklist pruss
* blacklist pruss_intc
* blacklist pru-rproc
*/
/* #include "am33xx-pruss-uio.dtsi" */

remoteproc (v4.4.x-ti)

/*
* /etc/modprobe.d/pruss-blacklist.conf
*
* blacklist uio_pruss
*/
/* #include "am33xx-pruss-rproc.dtsi" */

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAOCHtYj%3D3NqqAW0kSPXcVLm8DLpWonDm6BUJXS4BiZVk4HFTiA%40mail.gmail.com.