> > and with sudo sh -c "echo 'BB-UART2' > /sys/devices/platform/bone_
> capemgr/slots"
> > i get sh: echo: I/O-error
>
> This generally means the cape couldn't be loaded.  You can sometimes
> find more detail at the end of dmesg output, but failures when trying
> to load capes are usually pretty cryptic.

I've seen this happen several time when loading a cape, that is trying to
configure pins that have already been configured. For me, this happened
after unloading the previous cape. There still seems to be a "bug" when
unloading capes.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORqaY%2Bk2GVWWTmnukEzDxAz7_dAUBDO43Oc4NcC7UUv1_Q%40mail.gmail.com.