On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 2:18 PM, Charles Steinkuehler <
char...@steinkuehler.net> wrote:

> On 11/7/2016 2:38 PM, Theodosis Ntegiannakis wrote:
> >
> > On Monday, November 7, 2016 at 3:29:07 PM UTC+2, Charles Steinkuehler
> wrote:
> >
> >     You have to set the pins to the proper pinmux values for UART and
> PWM,
> >     not just load the overlay.
> >
> > How do you suggest i should enable all the pins needed?
> > If i try to enable BB-PWM0,1,2 overlays pwm still doesn't work from
> > Adafruit_BBIO library...
>
> Use the universal overlay.  I created it specifically because it is
> difficult or impossible to load several of the individual overlays for
> various functions (like PWM and UART) because they conflict.
>
> ...or craft your own custom overlay with exactly what you want, but
> that is a fairly high barrier to entry for most users.  The universal
> overlay allows selecting specific pin functions on a per-pin basis,
> while enabling most of the commonly used special hardware features.

What I did was take a couple of Charles' universal IO capes, and strip out
what I did not need, then combine what I needed into two files. So, I have
all 3 "dual channel" PWMs, and UART4 working in the same file.

So like if a pin had the ability to be muxed 5, or 6 different ways. I only
left the one I needed, then changed that one to "default" for the pinmux
naming. Do also keep in mind I did not get this right the first time, I had
to experiment a few times. . . . So you should experiment youself(
Theodosis ) to get a better understanding of what's going on.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORpbNYCzDtbWa5PfHx%2B4OUVdWM9Da-v2c1jdr8bYGTS4Dg%40mail.gmail.com.