Continued review of documentation has caused me to wonder if I've missed a
fundamental error in my thinking about what is and isn't deterministic when
using the PRUs. The PRU-local 32-bit interconnect bus is itself a shared
resource. If one PRU writes to its own DRAM, and the other PRU writes to
its own DRAM, won't that potentially cause one to stall waiting for the
other to complete (particularly with a burst load/store)? That would make
the dual/triple porting of the shared DRAM also less valuable. If the PRUs
are being used to get data from the ARM core/main memory and then bit bang
pins, that too is subject to competition for control of the 32-bit bus.
Does this make sense or am I still missing something?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/08eeb938-f69a-498b-8a46-92fc9d48e99c%40googlegroups.com.