I downloaded a new image onto an SD card and booted my BBB. I then edited
the /boot/uEnv.txt file to remove the comment from the last line to enable
flashing to the eMMC upon reboot. It worked as expected.

Now I have an SD card with an image that I could use again as a backup boot
device - but I need to re-comment the flasher line. If I boot from the SD
card it will flash again (correct?). How can I get access to the
/boot/uEnv.txt file on the SD card? Can I mount it somehow after booting
from the eMMC? I tried to mount the SD card on a Mac to edit the file, but
only the FAT partition was accessible.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/41e2e882-4175-4fdb-9ec5-80f6a0f23633%40googlegroups.com.