On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 5:35 PM, jhalpin100 <jhalpin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not usinig HDMI, it seems to be disabled by default. I updated the
> kernel, and it almost works now.

root@beaglebone:~# cat /boot/uEnv.txt |grep -e Audio/Video -e -emmc-overlay

*##BeagleBone Black: HDMI (Audio/Video)
disabled:dtb=am335x-boneblack-emmc-overlay.dtb*
##BeagleBone Black: HDMI (Audio/Video)/eMMC disabled:

root@beaglebone:~# uname -a
Linux beaglebone 4.4.38-bone-rt-r14 #1 PREEMPT RT Mon Dec 12 10:10:25 UTC
2016 armv7l GNU/Linux

root@beaglebone:~# cat /etc/dogtag
BeagleBoard.org Debian Image 2016-06-19

Which I believe this is a Jessie 8.6 image, and I do believe I manually
enabled this board overlay, as I usually do first boot with a new image.
However, if *dtb=am335x-boneblack-emmc-overlay.dtb *is not commented out in
your uEnv.txt file. Then yes, HDMI audio,and video should both be disabled
on your system.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORp3vns%3DFObAmHB1NJNUNNCM3_TLN%2Bq2KQJAnFpos4YRZw%40mail.gmail.com.