On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 1:47 PM, William Hermans <yyrk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> For instance, if you had any IO connected to this board through any of the
> GPIO, or other periphery pins while you powered the board up, or down. You
> could have damaged the processor. So all the pins need to be isolated in
> that case. Ethernet, USB, and the serial debug port are exceptions to this
> rule. But are not what I'd exactly consider "periphery" in the context of
> embedded systems.

The IO pins are also only 3v3 tolerant, and can only source / sink a
minimal amount of current. I want to say as far as sourcing or sinking,
~5mA is your limit. I do know that some pins can handle more, and others
still less. So always check the datasheet for the AM355x processor. Or in
this case, perhaps the Ovtavo SoM has some differences ? Not sure on that.
But in either case, you need to find all that out, before connecting to,
and using any of the input / output on the board.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORpb9VeVygL50sQ20xMn0zYAUmuiN7h7R-i%3DoC%2B_6fiOsQ%40mail.gmail.com.